A shocking video shows the huge crane collapse at Hindustan Shipyard in Visakhapatnam that killed 11
- The mishap occurred earlier this afternoon (Aug 1) when officials were testing a new crane at their premises.
- Of the 11 casualties reported so far, four of them are employees, while the remaining were staff on contract.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider .
The mishap occurred earlier this afternoon (Aug 1) when officials were testing a new crane at their premises, according to the news agency ANI.
A new crane was being commissioned.Trial run was being conducted to bring it into full-scale operation. We've also… https://t.co/oyL8gtVahT— ANI (@ANI) 1596275529000
Of the 11 casualties reported so far, four of them are employees, while the remaining were staff on contract.
Another industrial accident in #Vizag. This time, a massive crane collapsed at Hindustan Shipyard, #Visakhapatnam.… https://t.co/jUt4kzOmlt— Revathi (@revathitweets) 1596269465000
Hindustan Shipyard is nation's premier shipbuilding company owned and operated by the Government of India and the Ministry of Defence. Retired Admiral LV Sarath Babu is the Chairman and Managing Director.
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- Wipro, Infosys, Tech Mahindra revoke offer letters given to freshers: Reports
- Reliance Jio and Airtel 5G prices may be affordable for now but expected to increase after wider rollout
- Omnichannel becomes omniscient as retailers gear up for revenge festive celebration
- Redmi Pad Review: A decent tablet for the masses
- Electronics Mart India IPO is subscribed 1.69 times on day 1
- Big B’s best movies are back on the big screens - Here are 11 you can watch
- Reliance Jio to begin beta trial of 5G in four cities on Dussehra with unlimited data