A shocking video shows the huge crane collapse at Hindustan Shipyard in Visakhapatnam that killed 11
- The mishap occurred earlier this afternoon (Aug 1) when officials were testing a new crane at their premises.
- Of the 11 casualties reported so far, four of them are employees, while the remaining were staff on contract.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider .
The mishap occurred earlier this afternoon (Aug 1) when officials were testing a new crane at their premises, according to the news agency ANI.
A new crane was being commissioned.Trial run was being conducted to bring it into full-scale operation. We've also… https://t.co/oyL8gtVahT— ANI (@ANI) 1596275529000
Of the 11 casualties reported so far, four of them are employees, while the remaining were staff on contract.
Another industrial accident in #Vizag. This time, a massive crane collapsed at Hindustan Shipyard, #Visakhapatnam.… https://t.co/jUt4kzOmlt— Revathi (@revathitweets) 1596269465000
This is the third industrial accident in the coastal city in the last 2 months. The other two included a gas leak at LG Polymer's chemical plant and massive fire outbreak at Visakha Solvents plant at Vizag Pharma City.
Hindustan Shipyard is nation's premier shipbuilding company owned and operated by the Government of India and the Ministry of Defence. Retired Admiral LV Sarath Babu is the Chairman and Managing Director.
- Karnataka's Covid vaccine recipient dies of heart stroke: Minister
- NIMHANS doctor on Sputnik vaccine advisory board
- Japanese firm Daicel to invest ₹230 crore to set up manufacturing plant in Chennai
- Two reasons why Elon Musk routed Tesla’s India venture via Amsterdam
- Rajasthan government withdraws night curfew after decline in COVID-19 cases