In a first, UAE government releases five year multi-entry tourist visas to boost tourism
UAE governmentreleased its first five year multi-entry tourist visas— which will be open to all nationalities.
- This new visa, which is aimed to make Dubai a global tourist destination will be launched in the next four months.
- At present, Indians are required to shell out nearly ₹6,500 to obtain a visa for a month.
AdvertisementIn a bid to turn the Gulf nation into a tourist hub, the UAE government released its first five year multi-entry tourist visas — which will be open to all nationalities. The development comes after Dubai recorded a fall in the number of Indian, British and Russian visitors in 2019.
Addressing the cabinet meeting, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai said that the visa will facilitate the tourists to enter the country multiple times over a span of five years.
This new visa will be launched in the next four months. However, it is not yet clear if the new visa will include an application fee. The existing tourist visa is valid for upto 90 days from entry.
The new visa is expected to be beneficial for the middle-income groups. At present, Indians are required to shell out nearly ₹6,500 to obtain a visa for 30 days.
This will also help country residents to bring their families for timely visits. According to a Dubai based newspaper The National, “It is easy to get and can be done within six days for about Dh300 (₹5,860) but if this is a multi-entry visa for five years it is pretty good news for them."
The Emirates attracts nearly 21 million visitors every year from — India, China, Pakistan and Australia.
In April 2019, the UAE introduced ‘expat visa’ for the family members of foreign citizens — including Indians working in UAE, fulfilling the income standards.
Almost 10 million tourists visited India 2019 — and a quarter of them preferred e-visas
AdvertisementOne in five international students in the US is Indian — despite sharp fall in student visas
Australia emerges as the hottest employment destination for Indian graduates seeking overseas jobs
- October auto sales estimates — Here’s what to expect from Maruti, M&M, Hero, Bajaj Auto, and other automakers
- Upcoming bike launches in November: From Ducati Multistrada to Royal Enfield Meteor and KTM 250, to 2021 Honda CB1000R, here’s the list
- Researchers identify new drug to treat Covid-19 patients
- Ice drug worth 2 crore seized, 2 held
- Nearly a third of RIL’s profit is shaved off by the dent in refining