Jaishankar discusses coronavirus with counterparts from Qatar, Niger, UAE, Palestine
In conversation with Qatar Foreign Minister Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani, Jaishankar discussed their experience of dealing with coronavirus infection and also thanked him for taking care of the Indian community.
"A cordial conversation with FM @MBA_AlThani_ of #Qatar. Discussed our #coronavirus experiences. Thanked him for taking care of the Indian community. Such challenging times will only further strengthen our friendship," he said in a tweet.Jaishankar also spoke to United Arab Emirates Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed.
Jaishankar also spoke to Niger Foreign Minister Kalla Ankourao and assured him of India's support in meeting the coronavirus challenge, including medicines."Just spoke with FM @kallaankourao of #Niger. Assured him of India's support in meeting the #coronavirus challenge, including medicines. Discussed its global implications in the context of the United Nations," he tweeted.
Jaishankar also discussed the coronavirus situation with Palestine Foreign Minister Riad Al Malki."Welcomed speaking with FM Riad Al Malki of #Palestine. Discussed the #coronavirus situation. Assured him of Indian medical assistance," he said in a tweet.He also exchanged experiences on coronavirus response with Czech Foreign Minister Tomas Petricek. The minister said the two leaders agreed that there are valuable lessons for international cooperation.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Instagram launches new layout for "Stories" feature for desktop users
- Honda to export new City 2020 from India to left-hand drive markets
- WhatsApp to add additional security layer for users to link account to computers
- AAP to contest elections in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Goa, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat in 2022, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Top 10 business investment options in Dubai for India's best minds