Over 3,500 detained for violating lockdown in Delhi
The country is currently under a lockdown to curb the spread of coronavirus.
According to the data shared by the police, 275 cases were registered under section 188 (for disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant) of the IPC till 5pm.A total of 3,501 people were detained under section 65 (persons bound to comply with reasonable directions of police officers) and 346 vehicles impounded under section 66 of the Delhi Police Act, they stated.
A total 172 cases were registered against people for stepping out of their houses without wearing masks, they added.Since March 24, a total of 87,531 people have been detained for violating orders under section 65 of the Delhi Police Act. NIT IJT
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Mutant strain COVID-19 tally reaches 165 in India, says the Health Ministry
- Apple to launch its 'strict' new privacy feature in next iOS 14 beta
- Instagram launches new layout for "Stories" feature for desktop users
- Honda to export new City 2020 from India to left-hand drive markets
- WhatsApp to add additional security layer for users to link account to computers