Tamil Nadu government to bear all expenses of COVID patients in private hospitals
The state health insurance cover will bear the expenses of Covid treatment in private hospitals hereon, the Chief Minister said in an order.
Stalin issued another order sanctioning ₹2,000 each to the rice card holders in Tamil Nadu.
AdvertisementThere are around 2.07 crore rice card holders in the state.
Stalin had also signed an order to reduce the price of public sector "Aavin" milk brand by ₹3 per litre.
Besides, an order permitting women to travel in ordinary town buses free of cost was also issued.
The statement said, "The government will bear the additional expenditure of ₹1,200 crore as subsidy to the transport corporations."
Stalin also issued an order to constitute a new department "Chief Minister in your constituency".
After taking oath of office, Stalin visited his mother Dayalu Ammal, his step mother Rajathi Ammal and paid his respects at the tomb of his father Kalaignar Karunanidhi and DMK founder- leader and former Chief Minister CN Annadurai.
He also paid floral tributes at the memorial of social reformer EV Ramasamy Periyar at "
Telescope spots the Chinese Long March 5B rocket that is currently in an unstable orbit around Earth
Gautam Adani’s net worth has crossed $60 billion – thanks to Adani Ports’ profits
Google is now automatically turning on two-factor authentication for some accounts
China has broken another emissions record — and it is good news for some Indian companies
Popular on BI
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- Internship at Bureau of Police Research & Development: Checkout all the details including last date, eligibility and stipend
- One of the largest cryptocurrency swapping platforms just lost $1.3 million as users failed to update approvals
- Google to open its new office in Pune this year, will hire cloud technology experts
- Unacademy's latest advertisement with brand ambassador MS Dhoni encapsulates his life lessons in a production masterpiece
- Around 50% of COVID-19 infected may have lasting loss of smell, says study
- Ola Electric raises another $200 million, this time at a valuation of $5 billion
- South Central Railway cancels 36 MMTS trains in Hyderabad