Instagram just reached 1 billion users
- Instagram announced on Wednesday it had reached 1 billion active users for the first time ever.
- In comparison, Facebook has around 2.19 billion monthly active users and Snapchat has about 100 million monthly active users.
- Instagram also announced it was launching a hub for creators to upload long-form videos and make money from ads.
Instagram just reached a new milestone: 1 billion users.
The social media company announced the updated stat at an event for press on Wednesday to announce its new long-form video hub.
"It truly wouldnt have happened without all of you," CEO Kevin Systrom said.
As of the first quarter of 2018, Instagram parent company Facebook had about 2.19 billion monthly active users. Snapchat, Instagram's main competitor, said in February it has 100 million monthly active users.
This story is developing...
Get the latest Snap stock price here.
NOW WATCH: What the future of Apple looks like
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- A half-mile installation just took 20,000 pounds of plastic out of the Pacific - proof that ocean garbage can be cleaned
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles