Lok Sabha Election 2019: Polling dates for Manipur
AdvertisementDates for India’s 17th Lok Sabha elections were announced on March 10. The Lok Sabha elections will be held in seven phases starting, April 11, according to the Election Commission of India. The votes will be counted on May 23 and will decide the fate of major political parties in India.
Nongthombam Biren Singh is current Chief Minister of Manipur, also the first from Bharatiya Janata Party to govern the state.
In 2014, polls in Manipur for two Lok Sabha seats was held in two phases, April 9 and 17 of 2014. The voter turnout in Manipur in the election that year was 80%.
Here is a low-down of the constituencies of Manipur and the subsequent phases in which elections will be held.
Constituency wise dates of polling in Manipur:
Phase 1 (Date of polling: April 11, 2019)
Phase 2 (Date of polling: April 18, 2019)
Results of the Lok Sabha Election will be announced on 23 May.
Popular on BI
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- 'Get your boy Elon in line:' Former NASA official says she was ridiculed for supporting SpaceX in new memoir
- India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
- Best voltage stabilizers for home in India
- Asus teases the ROG Phone 6 gaming phone — confirmed to feature IPX4 splash-resistance
- Supercomputers are faster and more powerful — but need to be more energy-efficient
- Best hair removal cream for women in India
- Sensex, Nifty maintain 3-day streak, rally by nearly 1%