Lok Sabha Election 2019: Polling dates for Manipur
Dates for India’s 17th Lok Sabha elections were announced on March 10. The Lok Sabha elections will be held in seven phases starting, April 11, according to the Election Commission of India. The votes will be counted on May 23 and will decide the fate of major political parties in India.
Nongthombam Biren Singh is current Chief Minister of Manipur, also the first from Bharatiya Janata Party to govern the state.
In 2014, polls in Manipur for two Lok Sabha seats was held in two phases, April 9 and 17 of 2014. The voter turnout in Manipur in the election that year was 80%.
Here is a low-down of the constituencies of Manipur and the subsequent phases in which elections will be held.
Constituency wise dates of polling in Manipur:
Phase 1 (Date of polling: April 11, 2019)
Phase 2 (Date of polling: April 18, 2019)
Results of the Lok Sabha Election will be announced on 23 May.
- It only takes 50 tweets to find a troll on Twitter
- Best neckband headphones for a rich audio experience
- India’s first private player to successfully test a homegrown rocket engine is on track for its first full rocket launch by 2021
- Hiring is on a slow rise in India, but the numbers are nowhere close to pre-COVID levels
- Microsoft confirms Xbox Series X to launch in November