Lok Sabha Elections 2019: polling date for TamilNadu
During Lok Sabha Elections 2019, Tamil Nadu will see polling during the second phase of voting across the whole country. The voting date for Tamil Nadu is on April 18. On this day, all the constituencies of the state will vote for the general elections 2019. The counting will happen on May 23 and the results will be declared on the same day.
List of constituencies that will see polling on April 18
Tiruvallur, Chennai North, Chennai South, Chennai Central, Sriperumbudur, Kancheepuram, Arakkonam, Vellore, Krishnagiri, Dharmapuri, Tiruvannamalai, Arani, Viluppuram, Kallakurichi, Salem, Namakkal, Erode, Tiruppur, Nilgiris, Coimbatore, Pollachi, Dindigul, Karur, Tiruchirappalli, Perambalur, Cuddalore, Chidambaram, Mayiladuthurai, Nagapattinam, Thanjavur, Sivaganga, Madurai, Theni, Virudhunagar, Ramanathapuram, Thoothukkudi, Tenkasi, Tirunelveli, and Kanniyakumari.
2014 Lok Sabha election results for Tamil Nadu
During the 2014 Lok Sabha Elections, Tamil Nadu elected its representatives for the parliament from its 39 constituencies. All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam emerged as the thumping winner by bagging 37 seats in these elections. The BJP got 1 seat and the Pattali Makka Katchi won from 1 constituency.
Some useful guidelines for the electors
After announcing the dates for the Lok sabha Elections 2019 on March 10, the Election Commission of India has been making some important announcements regarding the 2019 elections on its official website. It has cautioned the public that a fake news is being circulated on the social media that those who have a valid India passport can vote online. The commission has made it clear that there is no online voting provision for any category of voter whatsoever.
- COVID-19 has accelerated HealthifyMe’s path to profitability – CEO shares how paid subscribers grew five times in the last five months
- Best memory cards in India
- Freecharge’s innovative ad that used accelerometer and gyroscope motion sensors helped the brand reach 4.5 million users
- Javadekar calls for state environment ministers meeting over pollution on Thursday
- Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders IPO fully subscribed on day one — led by robust retail demand