Londoners took more than 45,000 uberPOOL journeys in the first week of the service going live
Pablo Blazquez Dominguez/Stringer/Getty Images
UberPOOL allows customers to book a ride to a destination and reduce the cost by sharing part of the journey with a stranger traveling in the same direction.
Uber officially launched UberPOOL in London at 4PM last Friday, although some users said they were able to access it from around midday.
Uber says passengers can save 25% if they use UberPOOL instead of the widely-used UberX, which is the next cheapest option.
Almost two-thirds of drivers using the Uber app in London are thought to have carried out an UberPOOL trip in the last week.
UberPOOL launched in San Francisco in September 2014 and has expanded to 17 cities across the world since.
- Razorpay forays into loyalty and rewards segment with PoshVine acquisition
- Don't equate fun with money: Sundar Pichai to employees
- Best Intel-powered laptops for school students
- Festive season is here! Explore the best Intel Laptops for Education
- Reliance is reportedly planning to launch JioPhone 5G in India at a very affordable price