Elon Musk’s ‘working Neuralink device’ will debut this Friday over a live webcast
Elon Muskrevealed that a ‘working Neuralink device’ will be shown over a live webcast this Friday on August 28.
- The AI-powered brain chip may also announce human trials during the conference.
- In the past, SpaceX and Tesla CEO have claimed that the next version of the Neuralink chip will be more “awesome” than the iteration presented at last year’s conference.
Live webcast of working @Neuralink deviceFriday 3pm Pacific https://t.co/PouLbrGzFU— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) 1598420158000
The next version of the device is going to be more “awesome” in comparison to what was presented last year during Neuralink’s first press conference, according to the Tesla and SpaceX head.
@DOfaquarius @CathieDWood @ARKInvest Wait until you see the next version vs what was presented last year. It’s *awesome*.— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) 1580705992000
Even though the company was founded in 2016, it has held only one press conference so far. The next one scheduled for August 28 will only be second. The company may announce human trials during the live webcast on Friday.
@Neuro_Skeptic Will show neurons firing in real-time on August 28th. The matrix in the matrix.— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) 1596130063000
What can Neuralink do?
During last year’s event, Musk asserted that the brain chip has the potential to solve several brain-related diseases, including Alzheimer’s disease, strokes, and other illnesses. He showed through a series of ‘flexible threads’ were inserted into the brain and transferred high volumes of data with over 3,000 electrodes.
Last month, he confirmed that the possibility of repairing spinal injuries could also be on the cards.
@shravantr @Neuro_Skeptic Yes, should be possible to create a neural shunt from motor cortex to microcontrollers in… https://t.co/HpPvgJFhms— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) 1596130903000
This year, so far, he has also confirmed that Neurlink’s AI-chip will be able to directly listen to music and control hormone levels with the potential to treat anxiety.
The largest AI language model ever created can think, read and write like a human — but it can mess up like a human too
Elon Musk is going help NASA refuel in space and Bezos is going to help it land on the Moon
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em — Elon Musk tweets out the mission statement for his AI-brain-chip Neuralink
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months