Elon Musk’s ‘working Neuralink device’ will debut this Friday over a live webcast
Elon Muskrevealed that a ‘working Neuralink device’ will be shown over a live webcast this Friday on August 28.
- The AI-powered brain chip may also announce human trials during the conference.
- In the past, SpaceX and Tesla CEO have claimed that the next version of the Neuralink chip will be more “awesome” than the iteration presented at last year’s conference.
Live webcast of working @Neuralink deviceFriday 3pm Pacific https://t.co/PouLbrGzFU— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) 1598420158000
The next version of the device is going to be more “awesome” in comparison to what was presented last year during Neuralink’s first press conference, according to the Tesla and SpaceX head.
@DOfaquarius @CathieDWood @ARKInvest Wait until you see the next version vs what was presented last year. It’s *awesome*.— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) 1580705992000
@Neuro_Skeptic Will show neurons firing in real-time on August 28th. The matrix in the matrix.— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) 1596130063000
What can Neuralink do?
The Neuralink device, in its current form, will sit outside the head with threads thinner than hair connected to the brain to convey information.
During last year’s event, Musk asserted that the brain chip has the potential to solve several brain-related diseases, including Alzheimer’s disease, strokes, and other illnesses. He showed through a series of ‘flexible threads’ were inserted into the brain and transferred high volumes of data with over 3,000 electrodes.
Last month, he confirmed that the possibility of repairing spinal injuries could also be on the cards.
@shravantr @Neuro_Skeptic Yes, should be possible to create a neural shunt from motor cortex to microcontrollers in… https://t.co/HpPvgJFhms— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) 1596130903000
This year, so far, he has also confirmed that Neurlink’s AI-chip will be able to directly listen to music and control hormone levels with the potential to treat anxiety.
The largest AI language model ever created can think, read and write like a human — but it can mess up like a human too
Elon Musk is going help NASA refuel in space and Bezos is going to help it land on the Moon
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em — Elon Musk tweets out the mission statement for his AI-brain-chip Neuralink
- Case Study: How Myntra Fashion Superstar’s The Fashion Project campaign garnered a total reach of 1.3 million
- Exports of SII vaccine blocked till March-April
- Budget 2021: From Income Tax deductions to creating jobs and boosting healthcare – Here’s all that could be in Nirmala Sitharaman’s fiscal plans
- French energy major Total proposes to acquire 20% stake in Adani Green Energy
- Petrol, diesel prices hiked again after a three day pause