Coronavirus lockdown can make you want to leave the planet — here's how you can explore Mars, Jupiter or even leave the solar system
- Cabin fever may be getting you down but now you have the option to leave the planet — from the comfort of your home.
- Google has collaborated with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) on a number of virtual tours that let you explore outer space in 3D.
- You can walk around the mission control centers here at home, or you can explore the cosmos — heading out beyond the solar system.
Second of all, even if we could get everyone off the planet — there’s nowhere to go as the hunt of another Earth-like planet to support human life is still on. As the world waits on Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos to set up off-planet silos on either Mars or the Moon, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and Google set up virtual tours to give you a taste of what life could be like in outer space.
From the Moon to Mars to leaving the solar system behind entirely — here are a few ways you can leave the planet without having to leave your home:
Go for Flight — a sneak-peek into being a astronaut from the Armstrong Flight Research Center
SOFIA Boeing 747P aircraft let’s you cruise the stratosphere
Isolation at home versus isolation in space
Calling Mars to Houston
Sail beyond the solar system with NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope
Exoplanet Travel Bureau — your guide to exploring outer space from home
Go planet hunting
Keep it simple with Google Earth
Before you go exploring — remember to put yourself in a spacesuit
Popular on BI
- Fintech unicorn CRED to acquire SaaS startup CreditVidya
- Jio Haptik and CASHe partner to deliver instant credit lines on Whatsapp
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed 5.97 times on day 2
- Recent IPO successes could lead to recovery in the primary market: E&Y
- Capex cycle to touch ₹21 lakh crore in FY23, but there's a catch