From space to cloud – ISRO signs MoU with Amazon Web Services
- This collaboration will give space startups, research institutes and students access to cloud technologies to develop solutions in the space sector.
AWSwill provide startups tools, resources, and expert technical support at no cost.
- The organizations will train students and educators in cloud computing, AI, ML, analytics, and security.
This collaboration will give space startups, research institutes and students access to cloud technologies to develop solutions in the space sector. AWS will provide startups tools, resources, and expert technical support at no cost.
“Advancing innovation in the space sector is a top priority for our nation as geospatial solutions have the power to deliver high quality services for the good governance for citizens and add value to the stakeholders,”
Cloud computing aids speedy management of large volumes of raw space data, besides running AI, ML and analytics workloads to achieve outcomes in a cost-effective manner.
“We are at a pivotal time in India’s space journey as the Indian government focuses on broadening and strengthening the country’s capabilities in the aerospace and satellite industry,” said Shalini Kapoor, director and chief technologist, public sector, AWS India and South Asia.
The three organizations will collaborate on a new initiative to train students and educators in cloud computing, AI, ML, analytics, and security, by leveraging AWS education programs. This will enable students to pursue industry-recognized cloud computing certifications.
“After the Chandrayaan-3 moon landing and Aditya L-1 mission, it is time we leverage the limitless potential of space technology and cloud computing to propel India's space sector to new heights. IN-SPACe has continuously been striving to empower and facilitate the private space sector,” said Dr Vinod Kumar, director of promotion directorate at IN-SPACe.
Popular on BI
- Astronomers find planet that seems too humongous to be orbiting its parent star!
- Penguins employ thousands of microsleeps to achieve 11 hours' slumber daily!
- Ashok Gehlot: Magician leaves centre stage in Rajasthan
- Trauma made Abrar an 'Animal': Bobby Deol on his negative role
- Victory of Modi's guarantees, say BJP leaders as party sweeps states states