Sellers surpass annual targets in just 5 days through Flipkart's Big Billion sales!
Reportedly, businesspersons who closed their shops to sell merchandise online yielded mind-boggling profits through Flipkart’s festive season sale period.
Apparently, nearly 500 sellers on Flipkart posted sales of over Rs 10 lakh in the online sale time and many of them even exceeded their own expectations and crossed annual targets in five days only.
Manish Maheshwari, vice-president of the seller ecosystem at Flipkart, told ET, “The company had prepared for six months with sellers on its platform. About 60% of our seller base participated. The number of signups from merchants too increased during the sale period."
Flipkart was careful this time owing to its last year’s fiasco.
This year, the festive sale spanned over five days and each day sold different merchandise.
Popular on BI
- WhatsApp introduces the “Message Yourself” feature, working on voice status updates and more
- Live your life American Express’ Platinum way: Exceptional privileges, rewards and experiences
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- India will succeed in handling inflation better: Sitharaman
- India's GDP growth comes in at 6.3% in Q2: manufacturing, mining witness negative growth
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed by a whole 35.49 times on last day
- Sensex, Nifty50 rewrite all-time highs yet again – RIL, HDFC twins most active, ICICI Bank touches new 52-week high
- Bollywood films failing is a phase, our films will bounce back strongly: Kajol