Sellers surpass annual targets in just 5 days through Flipkart's Big Billion sales!
Reportedly, businesspersons who closed their shops to sell merchandise online yielded mind-boggling profits through Flipkart’s festive season sale period.
Apparently, nearly 500 sellers on Flipkart posted sales of over Rs 10 lakh in the online sale time and many of them even exceeded their own expectations and crossed annual targets in five days only.
Manish Maheshwari, vice-president of the seller ecosystem at Flipkart, told ET, “The company had prepared for six months with sellers on its platform. About 60% of our seller base participated. The number of signups from merchants too increased during the sale period."
Flipkart was careful this time owing to its last year’s fiasco.
This year, the festive sale spanned over five days and each day sold different merchandise.
Popular on BI
- A top AI researcher reportedly left Google for OpenAI after sharing concerns the company was training Bard on ChatGPT data
- An AI researcher who has been warning about the technology for over 20 years says we should 'shut it all down,' and issue an 'indefinite and worldwide' ban
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- Amul hikes milk price by ₹2/ltr in Gujarat
- GST mop-up rises 13% to ₹1.6 lakh crore in March, second highest collection ever
- White House refuses to pay for Twitter's Blue verification: Report
- Italy bans ChatGPT, orders investigation over privacy breach
- IISc researchers design tiny supercapacitor capable of storing large amount of electric charge