India is promoting a new internet protocol— the government is offering help for websites to migrate
Ministry of Electronics & IT
- Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) &
NIXIinaugurated three initiatives to promote IPv6in India
- They have created an “IPv6 expert panel” group to extend support to the Indian entities who are finding it technically challenging to migrate and adopt IPv6.
- IPv6 will boost the security, scalability and speed of the websites apart from supporting the IoT infrastructure.
NIXI will act as the operator to educate and support all the Indian entities who are technically incapable of migrating and adopting IPv6. The aforementioned expert panel has been tasked with “identifying & hiring [an] agency that will help end customers by providing necessary technical support to adopt IPv6.”
Another initiative is the new NIXI Academy that provides a 14-hour online course on IPv6 Fundamental Design and Deployment costing ₹200. The online academy has listed courses on advanced IPv6 and DNS as well, but they're said to be added later.
NIXI has also developed an IPv6 index portal for the Internet Community under the same initiative. NIXI-IP-INDEX portal will showcase the IPv6 adoption rate in India and can be utilised to compare the country's IPv6 adoption rate with other economies in the world.
- The digital exchange: How e-commerce brands have been influencing consumer behavior and scaling-up interactions digitally
- Petrol and diesel prices go up for the sixth time in May, crosses ₹100-mark in Maharashtra, MP and Rajasthan
- Bharat Biotech begins COVAXIN supply to 14 states based on central government's guidance
- This is the time for brands to play their part as responsible corporate citizens: Dheeraj Sinha, Leo Burnett
- Fauci, America's top medical advisor, calls on countries to help India make vaccines