How much is Netflix? A breakdown of the monthly prices for every subscription plan
- A Netflix monthly subscription costs $9.99 for the Basic plan, $15.99 for Standard, and $19.99 for Premium.
- The Standard DVD and Blu-ray plan starts at $9.99 monthly, and the Premier plan starts at $14.99.
- Depending on the Netflix plan you choose, you can gain access to
streamingon multiple screens at once.
With a vast library of TV shows, movies, and original programming, most people would agree that Netflix is an essential part of the entertainment landscape.
Like its competitors, Netflix offers a variety of subscription tiers, which differ in price and features. In the US, Netflix even still offers the ability to order DVD and Blu-ray discs in the mail.
Here's a guide to what Netflix charges for each of its plans.
Important: If you decide to subscribe to both a Netflix streaming and DVD plan, you'll still have to pay for each subscription in full. There's no combo plan or add-on discount.
How much Netflix costs per month
Netflix offers three streaming plans: Basic, Standard, and Premium, starting at $9.99 per month and ending at $19.99 per month. Here's what you get with each plan, and how much each one costs.
|Subscription plan||Monthly price||Streaming quality||Simultaneous streams||Access to content|
|Basic||$9.99||Standard Definition (not HD)||One||Every Netflix title|
|Standard||$15.99||High Definition (HD)||Two||Every Netflix title|
|Premium||$19.99||HD and 4K Ultra HD||Four||Every Netflix title|
Additionally, each Netflix plan lets you download movies and shows onto your device to watch when you don't have internet. The Basic plan lets you download onto one device at once, the Standard plan allows you two devices, and the Premium plan gives you four.
How much Netflix's DVD and Blu-ray plans cost per month
In the US, Netflix continues to offer discs by mail at dvd.netflix.com.
With both pricing plans, Netflix sends you discs that you can keep for as long as you want. As soon as you return that disc, Netflix immediately sends you the next disc listed in your queue. There's no limit to how many discs you can watch over time, though — the only limitation is how quickly you can watch and return discs.
You can order a massive variety of shows and movies by disc, even including some that streaming Netflix doesn't have.
Here are the pricing plans. Note that they'll differ depending on whether you want just DVDs, or both DVDs and Blu-rays.
|Subscription plan||Monthly price||How many discs you can have at once||How many discs can you rent per month||Late fees|
|Standard||$9.99 for DVDs and Blu-rays||One disc||Unlimited||None|
|Premier||$14.99 for DVDs and Blu-rays||Two discs||Unlimited||None|
Once you order a DVD from dvd.netflix.com, it'll arrive in about one to three business days. When you're done with it, just place it back in the red envelope provided and put it in the mail.
- At least 21 people, mostly teens, were found dead in a South Africa bar. None of them had any visible wounds.
- Lay’s, Kurkure and Bingo are taking over Indian snacks like Aloo Bhujia, Murukku
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- Meet Akash Ambani — new chairman of Reliance Jio and owner of Mumbai Indians
- Best apps for Instagram hashtags and captions
- Akash Ambani to head Reliance Jio - that’s just phase I of Mukesh Ambani’s succession plan
- Maha crisis: Thackeray appeals to the rebels to come back
- Tata Motors to increase price of its commercial vehicle segment from July 1