How to adjust the volume of a Google Hangouts call, or mute your own microphone
- You can adjust the
volumeon a Google Hangoutscall simply by adjusting the volume of the device you're using — there's no volume button in
- Google Hangouts does let you mute and unmute yourself within the platform, which stops all participants from hearing anything from your end.
Google Hangouts is one of Google's many communication apps. Unlike others, however, Hangouts prioritizes video chatting over all else. This is useful if you want to talk face-to-face with someone you're not near.
However, one of the downsides of any sort of over-the-internet calling is that no one ever seems to know how loud they're speaking. And while you could keep adjusting your microphones until you hit the right volume, there's an easier method.
Here's how to adjust the volume in Google Hangouts, whether you're using the desktop app for
How to adjust the volume on a Google Hangouts call
Google Hangouts has no in-app volume control. This means that the way to change the volume in a Hangouts call is incredibly simple: just change the volume on your device.
If you're using a computer, change your computer's volume. If you're using a mobile device, change your mobile device's volume. It's that simple.
If you want to change your own volume, you'll have to either leave it up to others to adjust their devices, or mute yourself. When you mute yourself, your microphone will shut off, so no sound will come from your end.
You can mute yourself in both the desktop and mobile Google Hangouts apps by tapping the microphone icon at the bottom of the screen.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Chinese smartphone brands under scrutiny, government to check components, pre-installed apps: Report
- Best AMD desktop processors — which one to buy in India?
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months