How to block spam emails on AOL by blocking specific email addresses or flagging spam
- You can
blockemails on AOLby adding the person who sent the email to your "Block Senders" list, or by marking the email as spam.
- If you're using AOL Mail on your computer, you can add emails to the Block Senders list through your settings menu.
- If you're using the AOL Mail mobile app, you can mark emails as spam, which will prevent those senders from getting to your inbox.
Like most email services, AOL gives you a way to block unwanted emails from cluttering your inbox. However, how you block senders depends upon whether you're using AOL Mail in a web browser or mobile app.
In a browser, you can add unwanted email addresses to a list of blocked senders. In the mobile app, you can flag emails as spam, which will send any future messages from that sender to the Spam folder automatically.
Here's how to block emails on AOL, via a browser on your Mac or PC, or the mobile app on your iPhone or Android device.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Apple)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $699.99 at Walmart)
Apple Macbook Pro (From $1,299.00 at Apple)
Acer Chromebook 15 (From $179.99 at Walmart)
How to block emails on AOL in a web browser
1. Open AOL Mail in a browser and then click "Options" in the upper-right corner of the web page, just under your email address.
2. In the drop-down menu, choose "Mail Settings."
3. On the Mail Settings page, click "Block Senders," which you can find in the navigation pane on the left side of the screen.
4. Enter the email address of someone you want to block, and then press Enter or Return, or click the "+" to the right of the email address. Repeat that process for as many senders as you want to block.
5. When you're done, click "Save Settings."
How to block emails on AOL in the mobile app
1. In the AOL mobile app, tap an email from a sender you want to block.
2. Tap the three-dot menu at the bottom-right of the screen and then tap "Mark as Spam."
3. Repeat this process for any other emails you want to block.
Once you mark an email as spam, future emails from that sender should be deleted automatically. It'll also help AOL's algorithms catch more spam from other senders in the future.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to change your AOL password or reset it if you've forgotten it
How to mark all Gmail as read to clear up your inbox of unread emails
How to forward email from a Yahoo Mail account to Gmail or other email services
How to schedule send an email on Gmail on desktop or mobile, if you want to compose an email but schedule it to send at a later time
How to find archived emails in Gmail in 2 simple ways on Mac or PC
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- The new Barbie movie used so much pink paint on set that it caused an international shortage, according to its production designer
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala
- Attractiveness of gold depends on US Fed's moves, say analysts
- Coal India’s ₹4,000 crore offer for sale subscribed 4x times
- Nvidia's Jensen Huang started with a $10 million failure before shifting gears to become a $1 trillion company
- Meet the top Nifty50 performers in FY23