How to search on Amazon Prime Video for movies and TV shows on any device
- You can easily search on Amazon
Prime Videofor the content you want to watch whether you're using your TV, mobile device, or computer.
- Select the "Search" feature and then you can search by name, actor, director, and genre.
- On most devices, you can filter the results to only display movies and shows that are included with Prime Video for free.
There are a lot of TV shows and movies available on Amazon Prime, which can make browsing for what you want time-consuming and inconvenient. Thankfully, you can search for specific titles easily, no matter if you're using the Prime Video app on a TV, mobile app, or in a browser on your computer.
In addition to the title of the show, you can search for actor's names, directors, and even movie genres. And on most devices, you can filter the search results to only display shows that are included with Prime Video for free.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to search on Amazon Prime Video on your TV
For the most part, the Amazon app on smart TVs and in streaming media players like Roku and Fire TV all work the same way, though there might be minor variations depending on your TV or device. Here is how to search on your TV:
1. Start the Amazon app.
2. Use your remote or controller to select "Search."
3. On the Search page, start typing the name of the show you are looking for.
4. After you type a few letters, search results should start to appear. When you see the show you want to watch, select it with the remote or controller.
How to search on Amazon Prime Video on a mobile app
1. Start the Amazon app.
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap "Search."
3. On the "Search" page, start typing the name of the show you are looking for.
4. After you type a few letters, search results should start to appear.
5. If you want to only see results that are included for free with Prime Video membership, click "Filter" at the top right of the screen, tap "Ways to Watch," and then tap "Included with Prime."
How to search on Amazon Prime Video in a browser on your desktop
1. Open Prime Video in a browser and log in if you aren't already signed into your Amazon account.
2. Start typing the show you are looking for in the search box at the top of the screen.
3. As you type, you'll see suggestions appear in the dropdown menu. You can click a result you like, or press "Enter" on the keyboard to go to the results page.
4. If you want to only see results that are included for free with Prime Video membership, click the "Prime" filter on the left side of the screen.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Ready-to-move-in properties witness demand uptick in 2023
- Could BBMP’s new climate action plan for Bengaluru restore India's ‘Garden City’ to its former glory?
- Nifty closes just shy of 21K on gains in metal, IT shares; Sensex scales 70k-peak
- Online furniture brand Pepperfry registers Rs 188 cr losses in FY23
- Most searched movies in 2023 – Animal is not in the Top 10 and Adipurush beats Pathaan