Amazon witnessed record Prime sign-ups during the Great Indian Festival Sale 2022, 68 percent from small towns
Indiasaw the single largest day of Prime sign-ups - 1.9X higher than last year.
- According to the company, more than 500 million Indians had access to cashback and EMI offers.
- Smartphones, consumer electronics, fashion and groceries categories attracted the most buyers.
AdvertisementE-commerce major Amazon saw the single largest day of Prime sign-ups - 1.9 times higher than last year with 68 per cent coming from tier 2 and 3 cities in India - in the first 36 hours of its Great Indian Festival sale.
More than 500 million Indians had access to cashback and EMI offers on Amazon.in with 50 per cent more customers opting for EMI or Pay later over last year during the festive sale, the company said in a statement.
"We are humbled by the increase in new Prime member sign ups and customers shopping across categories as they trust Amazon as their preferred online shopping destination", said Manish Tiwary, Vice President and Country Manager, India Consumer Business, Amazon.
In the first 36 hours, small and medium businesses, startups, artisans, women entrepreneurs sold around 10 lakh unique products to customers across the country.
Amazon.in saw single largest day of Prime sign ups; 1.9X higher than last year with 68 per cent coming from Tier 2 & 3 cities
More than 500 million Indians had access to cashback and EMI offers on Amazon.in with 50 per cent more customers opting for EMI or Pay later over last year
Smartphones, consumer electronics, fashion and groceries categories attracted most new customers and Amazon saw high demand for laptops and 5G smartphones.
"More than 60 per cent sales for Amazon Fashion came from Tier 2 and 3 cities. Amazon Business witnessed 50 per cent growth in customers and 100 per cent orders in the last 36 hours," said the company.
The overall sales in the first festive week is likely to touch $5.9 billion this year.
Bengaluru-based Redseer has predicted $11.8 billion worth gross merchandise value (GMV) during the entire festive month up to Diwali.
Amazon Great Indian Festival sale: Best deals on headphones and earphones
Big discounts on smart 4K TVs from Samsung, LG, Redmi and more on Amazon
Popular on BI
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- As road & rail projects gather steam, cap good companies set for a decadal growth opportunity
- Network18 group to merge TV, digital news businesses
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet