Amazon witnessed record Prime sign-ups during the Great Indian Festival Sale 2022, 68 percent from small towns
Indiasaw the single largest day of Prime sign-ups - 1.9X higher than last year.
- According to the company, more than 500 million Indians had access to cashback and EMI offers.
- Smartphones, consumer electronics, fashion and groceries categories attracted the most buyers.
AdvertisementE-commerce major Amazon saw the single largest day of Prime sign-ups - 1.9 times higher than last year with 68 per cent coming from tier 2 and 3 cities in India - in the first 36 hours of its Great Indian Festival sale.
More than 500 million Indians had access to cashback and EMI offers on Amazon.in with 50 per cent more customers opting for EMI or Pay later over last year during the festive sale, the company said in a statement.
"We are humbled by the increase in new Prime member sign ups and customers shopping across categories as they trust Amazon as their preferred online shopping destination", said Manish Tiwary, Vice President and Country Manager, India Consumer Business, Amazon.
In the first 36 hours, small and medium businesses, startups, artisans, women entrepreneurs sold around 10 lakh unique products to customers across the country.
Amazon.in saw single largest day of Prime sign ups; 1.9X higher than last year with 68 per cent coming from Tier 2 & 3 cities
More than 500 million Indians had access to cashback and EMI offers on Amazon.in with 50 per cent more customers opting for EMI or Pay later over last year
Smartphones, consumer electronics, fashion and groceries categories attracted most new customers and Amazon saw high demand for laptops and 5G smartphones.
"More than 60 per cent sales for Amazon Fashion came from Tier 2 and 3 cities. Amazon Business witnessed 50 per cent growth in customers and 100 per cent orders in the last 36 hours," said the company.
The overall sales in the first festive week is likely to touch $5.9 billion this year.
Bengaluru-based Redseer has predicted $11.8 billion worth gross merchandise value (GMV) during the entire festive month up to Diwali.
Amazon Great Indian Festival sale: Best deals on headphones and earphones
Big discounts on smart 4K TVs from Samsung, LG, Redmi and more on Amazon
Popular on BI
- Realme 10 Pro+ 5G Review: An all-round value smartphone
- Sensex snaps 4-session losing run led by PSU banks
- The future is connected: 80% of traditional TV viewers want to switch in a year says Finecast Kantar
- Electric-vehicle financing startup Vidyut raises $4 million in first round of funding
- RIL, Adani Enterprises are the biggest and most consistent wealth creators: Motilal Oswal