Here are all the companies Airbnb has acquired to help it grow into a $31 billion business
- Since its launch in 2008, Airbnb has gone from a startup renting air matresses to a multi-billion dollar global travel company.
- After a wave of lukewarm receptions for tech IPOs last year, Airbnb announced its own plans to brave the public markets in 2020.
- Investors wil be taking a close look at the company's reported losses, but also at its past acquisitions and how they will play into Airbnb's strategy going forward.
- Here's a list of all the companies Airbnb has bought up over the past twelve years.
Airbnb began out of necessity and good timing, as many startups do. Its founders needed to make rent, and with hotels in short supply thanks to a big design conference that was in town, they decided to offer up a spot on their floor, complete with an air mattress and breakfast.Fast-forward twelve years later, and Airbnb has grown into a multi-billion dollar travel business offering everything from bespoke trips to property management services, with seven million rental property listings in more than 220 countries. But that didn't happen overnight.
Last valued at $31 billion, Airbnb has said that it plans to go public this year. Investors wil be taking a close look at the company's reported losses, but also at its past acquisitions and how they will play into Airbnb's strategy going forward.Since its inception in 2008, Airbnb has acquired 21 companies, from accessible travel startups to bitcoin payment apps.
Here is a list of all of the companies Airbnb has purchased over the years - at least, the ones we know about.
Accoleo (June 2011)
Crashpadder (March 2012)
DailyBooth (July 2012)
NabeWise (July 2012)
Fondu (October 2012)
Localmind (December 2012)
Pencil Labs (December 2014)
Vamo (September 2015)
Lapka (September 2015)
Trip4real (September 2016)
Luxury Retreats (February 2017)
Tilt (February 2017)
ChangeCoin (April 2017)
Deco Software (May 2017)
Trooly (June 2017)
Accomable (November 2017)
AdBasis (November 2017)
Luckey (December 2018)
Gaest (January 2019)
HotelTonight (March 2019)
Urbandoor (August 2019)
- GST exemption on domestic supplies, commercial imports of COVID drugs to make them costlier, says Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- Uttar Pradesh government extends statewide lockdown till May 17
- Marriage functions to be held at home or court with maximum gathering of 20 people, says Delhi DDMA
- PM Modi speaks to Chief Minsters of Punjab, Karnataka, Bihar and Uttarakhand regarding COVID-19 situation in their respective states
- If you are feeling anxious and overwhelmed by the pandemic and the news around it, here are a few ways to calm yourself down