Leaked Google pay data reveals the highest salaries the tech giant pays in engineering, sales, and more
- Insider obtained an internal spreadsheet that shows much Google employees were paid in 2022.
- Insider crunched the numbers to find the highest base salaries for US-based roles at the tech giant.
The median total compensation at Google in 2022 was $279,802 — but which roles raked in the highest salaries?
Insider obtained an internal company spreadsheet that was shared among Google employees. The sheet includes salary data for more than 12,000 US-based employees in 2022 and covers a range of roles, including software engineers and business analysts.
It also includes data on equity and bonuses, which can significantly boost an employee's total compensation.
The spreadsheet gives us our best look yet at how much the tech giant is paying staff, with some limitations: the data is for US-based roles only and includes data that employees voluntarily submitted.
Naturally, employees who had been at the company longer and worked at a higher level tended to have higher salaries. For example, the highest-paid software engineer in the data reported being a level 7 employee who made $718,000 in base salary. Most software engineers on the sheet reported making from $100,000 to $375,000.
"We provide top-of-market compensation to our workforce, across salary, equity, leave, and a suite of benefits," Tamani Jayasinghe, a Google spokesperson, said in a statement.
Below are the highest base salaries posted in the sheet:
- Quantum Computing Explained
- 10 Foods you should avoid eating in breakfast
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue