Parler's CEO says the app may shut down permanently after getting booted from Amazon Web Services
ParlerCEO John Matzesaid the app could never come back online, Reuters reported.
- The social-media site went offline after
Amazonbooted Parler from its web-hosting service.
- "It could be never," Matze told Reuters when asked when the app would return. "We don't know yet."
Parler's CEO said the social-media app may never come back online.
John Matze, who founded the app in 2018, told Reuters he was not sure the app would come back after Amazon took Parler off its web-hosting service. Amazon removed Parler for violating its terms of service, which prohibit content that "encourages or incites violence against others.""It could be never," Matze told Reuters when asked when the app would return. "We don't know yet."
The social-media company registered its domain name with Epik, a company known for hosting other social networks used by far-right extremists, days after getting booted from Amazon. Epik said in a January 11 statement it had "no contact or discussion" with Parler about using the service.Matze told Reuters he had been in talks with more than one cloud-computing service to discuss hosting Parler. He told The Blaze, a right-leaning outlet founded by Glenn Beck, several vendors had backed out of hosting the app "at the last second" and floated building Parler's "own infrastructure" to get it back online. Matze did not name specific services that rejected hosting Parler.
"It's hard to keep track of how many people are telling us that we can no longer do business with them," Matze told Reuters.
- IMF projects 11.5% growth rate for India in 2021, only major economy to record double digit growth
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar