SpaceX's Starlink website can now be read in French as the satellite internet network expands worldwide
SpaceXhas translated the Starlink websiteinto Frenchas more people across the world sign up to the service.
- Starlink isn't live in France yet, but over 300 million people speak French around the world.
- The website also allows customers to pay in euros, instead of dollars.
The website also gives customers the option to pay in euros, rather than dollars.
Starlink isn't available yet in France, but given that more than 300 million people across the world speak French and it's the second most widely spoken native language, it's no surprise that SpaceX have made it an option on its website to attract more customers.
If someone in France wants to sign up for Starlink, they put their address in the box and the next page will tell them when they can expect the service to be available in their area. Currently, it says Starlink will arrive in France between mid to late 2021, but subscribers can pay a €99 deposit to secure the service - around $120.
Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, and areas of the US where Starlink isn't live yet also provide the option of preordering the internet service in exchange for a deposit.
Musk tweeted in February the cost of Starlink is "meant to be the same price in all countries. Only difference should be taxes & shipping."
SpaceX said Tuesday it has gained more than 500,000 orders and deposits from customers around the world, indicating the pace at which demand for the space-based internet is growing.
Since Starlink's "Better Than Nothing Beta" test launched in October, the service has amassed more than 10,000 beta testers globally and has blasted over 1,350 satellites into orbit. The company's goal is to have up to 42,000 satellites in orbit by mid-2027.
The most recent Starlink launch was on Tuesday when SpaceX sent 60 satellites into orbit via its reusable Falcon 9 rocket.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The depth of India’s vaccination drive — Gujarat tops the list, UP and Bihar yet to vaccinate a third of their population
- Manchester United owners are getting drawn to the world's biggest cricket league – here's why
- IDBI Bank's net profit jumps 75% despite higher provisions
- Asian Paints' net profit drops 29% on high raw material prices
- Dearness allowance hiked to 31% for central government employees