Wasn't Twitter supposed to die by now or something, asks Elon Musk
Despite too much criticism from several quarters, Musk said
"Wasn't Twitter supposed to die by now or something?" Musk tweeted to his more than 118 million followers.
"Maybe we've gone to heaven/hell and don't know it," he chuckled.
The new Twitter CEO is currently busy attending late-night meetings with software teams, with an aim to build a more robust Twitter in days to come.
"Twitter is where the opinion leaders are. I am cautiously optimistic that things will work out well," Musk further posted.
Despite the hashtag #RIP Twitter that started to trend on social media amid an earlier exodus of some brands over the uncertain future of the company, Musk had said that "Twitter is ALIVE".
After firing about two-thirds of the micro-blogging platform's 7,500 employees, the Twitter CEO has said the company is done with layoffs and is hiring again.
According to Musk, there are "no plans" to have the company's headquarters in Texas, as he did with Tesla, although it would make sense to have "dual-headquartered" offices in Texas and California.
"If we want to move the headquarters to Texas I think it would play into the idea that Twitter has gone from being left-wing to right-wing, which is not the case," Musk told employees during a recent meeting.
Advertisement"This is not a right-wing takeover of Twitter. It is a moderate-wing takeover of Twitter," he added.
Elon Musk says Twitter is done with layoffs, ready to begin hiring
Study finds Apple's AirPods Pro may serve as a hearing-assistive device for mild-to-moderate hearing loss
Popular on BI
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- WhatsApp introduces the “Message Yourself” feature, working on voice status updates and more
- DeSantis says Congress should act if Apple follows through on Elon Musk claims and bans Twitter from App Store
- Best refrigerator under ₹15000
- Asus ROG Phone 6 review: A bit more than just gaming
- Fintech unicorn CRED to acquire SaaS startup CreditVidya
- Jio Haptik and CASHe partner to deliver instant credit lines on Whatsapp
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed 5.97 times on day 2