WhatsApp rolls out first-ever global brand campaign in India
- The campaign called 'It's Between You' gives thrust on WhatsApp's commitment to privacy, the company said in a statement.
- WhatsApp collaborated with Gauri Shinde, a celebrated Indian
Bollywooddirector along with BBDOIndia to create two 60-seconds ads, each highlighting how WhatsApp's features like texts, video calls or even a voice message, help replicate in-person conversations and bring people closer.
WhatsApp on Saturday launched its first brand campaign in India that narrates real stories about how Indians communicate daily on WhatsApp with their closest relationships.
The campaign called 'It's Between You' gives thrust on WhatsApp's commitment to privacy, the company said in a statement.
"With WhatsApp's end-to-end encryption, we come closest to replicating real-life interactions and that's when we can truly be ourselves. The conversations you have, the jokes you tell and the memories you relive belong to you and deserve to stay between you," said Avinash Pant, Director, Marketing at
WhatsApp collaborated with Gauri Shinde, a celebrated Indian Bollywood director along with BBDO India to create two 60-seconds ads, each highlighting how WhatsApp's features like texts, video calls or even a voice message, help replicate in-person conversations and bring people closer.
One ad is based on a true story about an elderly woman and her caregiver, who are now separated from each other.
"From how to bring together the cast and crew that were right for the part and happened to be living together, and directing over a WhatsApp video call, to doing all the post production work without being physically present, it's been really rewarding," said Shinde.
The second story is at the other end of the spectrum of emotion, which is a light and fun film about a younger sister giving joyful courage to her elder one through a WhatsApp video call, when the latter feels vulnerable and hesitant to give her a haircut at home.
"WhatsApp is designed to help friends and family communicate as well as help users connect with a business that is important to them," said the company.
- France reports new record high single-day Covid-19 cases
- Adidas India witnesses a 300% increase in sneaker sales over the last 3 years, aims to drive sneaker culture in India and have a pan-India footprint
- Why Snapdeal targeted non-metro cities and rural India during its pre-Diwali sale
- RIL, Future Retail stocks under pressure after Singapore arbitration court rules in favour of Amazon
- EXCLUSIVE: Piramal Group is ready for acquisitions in both pharma and financial services