The 15-year-old boy arrested over the TalkTalk hack has been released on bail
The British broadband and telephone provider's website was hacked, putting up to 4 million customers' data at risk, the company said.
On Monday, Northern Irish police subsequently arrested a teenager in County Antrim, Northern Ireland, on suspicion of offences relating to the Computer Misuse Act.
A spokesperson for the Police Service of Northern Ireland told Sky News that "the investigation being conducted by the Metropolitan Police Cyber Crime Unit, Police Service of Northern Ireland and National Crime Agency is continuing."
TalkTalk says it has received a ransom note from someone claiming to be the hacker following the attack, which reportedly demanded £80,000 in bitcoin.
NOW WATCH: How to supercharge your iPhone in 5 minutes
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one
- Tamil drama 'Koozhangal' is India's official entry for Oscars 2022
- ICICI Bank net profit rises 25% on lower provisions in September quarter
- Best keyboard for writers in India
- Best large size party speakers in India