The 6 smartest things to do when looking for a new job
- When looking for a new job, you'll have to give significant time and effort to many facets of the search.
- Here, author Myelle Lansat details the six most productive things she did when looking for a new position.
A lot of behind the scenes work goes into landing a job interview, and it takes more than tweaking a resume or cover letter to stand out in an applicant pool.
I recently graduated with a B.S. in magazine journalism from the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University, and I previously wrote for the Your Money section at Business Insider.Here are the six smartest things I did when looking for new job opportunities.
1. Reach out to existing networks
2. Check job sites daily
3. Connect with people on LinkedIn
4. Nail the in-person connection
5. Use connections to make connections
6. Stay busy
- L’Oréal Paris and ambassadors Aditi Rao Hydari, Sobhita Dhulipala, Shakti Mohan and Mithali Raj share their heartfelt gratitude for heroes on International Nurses Day
- This cryptocurrency is valued at $45 billion, and it's just a day old
- India's geo imaging satellite launch delayed due to rising COVID-19 cases
- Gartner report reveals global chip shortage may continue till Q2 2022
- COVID-19: Gurugram, Faridabad and Sonipat districts in Haryana worst hit with new infections