Anupama Banerji is the daughter of Shakuntala Devi (Human Computer)
Anupama Banerjiis the daughter of Shakuntala Devi, the world-renowned mathematician, writer, and professor
- Anupama now resides in London with her family
- She contributed a lot of information to the upcoming biographical movie based on her mother, Shakuntala Devi
- Anu Menon has directed this movie, and Sanya Malhotra portrays Anupama's role in the film
Birth and early life
Anupama Banerji was born to Shakuntala Devi and Paritosh Banerji in Bangalore, Karnataka. Paritosh Banerji was an IAS Officer from Kolkata. Shakuntala divorced him in 1979 and settled in Bangalore in the early 1980s. Anupama was brought up by Shakuntala Devi as a single-parent
Anupama's relationship with her mother
Anupama shared a close and special relationship with her mother. Shakuntala Devi died on April 21, 2013, and this event left a significant impact on Anupama. Following her mother’s death, Anupama left for London.
Marriage, family, and kids
Anupama is married to Ajay Abhaya Kumar, a businessman by profession. The couple has a daughter named Naina Banerji. She also runs a small business in the UK.
Anupama plays a big role in the creation of the biopic movie on Shakuntala Devi
Director Anu Menon described the process of working on this biopic as a ' delightful and exhilarating experience'. The movie based on the mathematical genius - Shakuntala Devi took three years in the making with many discussions with Anupama. Unique insights from Anupama helped the team showcase a deep look into the life of the world-renowned personality. The conversations helped the producers of the movie discover several new layers of Shakuntala Devi’s personality and accomplishments. Anupama contributed a great deal to the storyline and development of the movie.
Anupama shared an extraordinary relationship with her mother
Commenting on Anupama’s relationship with her mother, Anu Menon, the director of the biopic movie said, "We spent almost three years talking to Anupama Banerji -- unwrapping the many, many layers of her mother's story! Anupama and her husband, Ajay Abhaya Kumar were so open and honest. We got to understand Shakuntala in a really special, intimate way - through the eyes of a daughter! We not only found the story of an amazing genius but also a beautiful love story between a mother and a daughter."
Anupama is excited about the release of a biopic based on her mother
For more than three years, Anupama has been closely associated with the development of the movie on Shakuntala Devi. Commenting on the upcoming release, Anupama said, “I had the opportunity to significantly give input into the development of the script - because while my mother's love and passion for maths is well-known, she was also multifaceted - always wanting to do new things, travel to new places, live life to the fullest! There was never a dull moment around my mother, she was always the life of a party, loved cinema, singing, and dancing, enjoyed dressing up, had the largest group of friends - across the world. In short, I'm happy that the film has managed to capture her energy, laughter, and zest for life! I am looking forward to the film's release and I am certain that viewers will enjoy learning so much more about my mother."
Popular on BI
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani