Tim Cook just cashed in $28 million more in Apple stock
Cook collected about $28.7 million after selling 269,883 shares in Apple, according to a SEC filing on Wednesday. The shares are a fraction of the 1,260,000 shares that he unlocked last week because he reached tenure of five years as CEO of Apple.
Last week he sold $36 million of his stock - meaning that he has liquidated about $65 million in total over the past few days.
Cook still has about 3.5 million shares in Apple that are set to vest over the next five years and he still holds over 1 million shares in Apple worth about $110 million.
In the five years since Cook has been leading Apple, the company's revenue and profit has doubled. Cook has also been instrumental in navigating thorny policy issues, such as the company's fight with the FBI over encryption or the EU's recent decision to force Ireland to collect billions in taxes from Apple.
But some analysts wonder if the Cook is the right leader considering that sales are falling on an annual basis for the last two quarters and there's no new hit product category in sight.
- Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing
- Elon Musk pulled his 'last remaining house' off the market after vowing last year to get rid of nearly all his possessions
- It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanently
- Salesforce Ventures backs Indian payments giant RazorPay as it looks to expand further outside India
- OnePlus sends legal notice to lawyer who alleged Nord 2 explosion — asks him to remove tweets and offer an apology
- iPhone with under-screen Touch ID could take even longer than expected
- OnePlus 2.0: OxygenOS and ColorOS to merge into a unified OS starting 2022
- Here’s what experts have to say about Cadbury Dairy Milk’s latest ad that has taken the internet by storm