10 countries with the best female coders
In 2014, women held less than 20% of the technical positions at most major Silicon Valley companies.
This 20% statistic is also consistent with the percentage of women that solve challenges on HackerRank, a free coding practice website that allows developers to hone their coding skills by solving challenges.
The team at HackerRank decided to use their data on female participants of their challenges to figure out which countries are home to the best female coders.
The United States missed the top 10, coming in at number 14 overall. Here's who made it:
- US will give runway rights at NJ airport to a budget airline
- Wealth management firm White Oak Capital gets SEBI’s nod to enter mutual fund business
- IPO-bound Pine Labs raises another $100 million
- Virat Kohli to step down as India’s T20 captain, says he had ‘immense workload’ over the years
- India's bad bank gets government nod — green lights NARCL with ₹30,600 crore guarantee