11 quick tips to get you started with your new Nintendo Switch
- The Nintendo Switch, the Japanese video game giant's latest console, is expected to be one of the most popular gifts of the holiday season.
- Released in March 2017, the Switch is a hybrid console: It can be used as a handheld, or easily connected to a TV via a dock.
- Like most modern video game consoles, the Switch also has a wide range of online and multimedia features.
- Adults setting up parental controls for their children can use a separate app to monitor playtime and restrict inappropriate content.
The Nintendo Switch is the fastest selling video game console of this generation, having sold more than 8.7 million units since its launch in March 2017.
Plenty of people will be giving the console as a gift this season as well, and there are a few important things to keep in mind when first unboxing the new console. While the Switch does a good job of walking new players through the process of getting started, there are a couple of extra steps that could ultimately give you a better experience.
Complimentary Tech Event
Transform talent with learning that works
Capability development is critical for businesses who want to push the envelope of innovation.Discover how business leaders are strategizing around building talent capabilities and empowering employee transformation.Know More
Here's what you need to know to get the most out of your Nintendo Switch, and fast:
Create a new profile for everyone who will use the Switch.
Learn how to connect Switch Joy-Cons and other controllers.
Make sure your system software is up to date.
The dark mode setting for the menus might be easier on your eyes.
Check out the Nintendo eShop for deals on digital games and downloadable content.
Digital content calls for extra storage.
You'll need Nintendo Switch Online to play games online; consider sharing a family plan if you know friends with a Switch or have more than one at home.
Nintendo Switch Online will give you free access to classic NES games.
Download the Nintendo Switch Online app for key features like voice chat.
The separate Switch Parental Controls app allows you to control your child's device from your phone.
Consider buying a LAN adapter for more consistent online play.
Go out and enjoy your Switch!
Popular on BI
- Sensex, Nifty slip for second day; FMCG, IT stocks drag
- Air India puts together 'huge financing deal' for new fleet: CEO
- Marine species including whales and dolphins under significant threat from noise pollution
- ITR filing: Your guide to Form 26AS and why you should check for TDS discrepancies
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Mount Abu