19 photos show what life is like in the world's most crowded cities
Mohammad Ponir Hossain/Reuters
By the year 2050, 70% of the world will live in cities, according to the Population Reference Bureau.
One of the most striking ways to see this growth is through the lens of population density, or the way statisticians measure congestion.
The densest cities grapple with unique challenges. They fight for resources, like housing and personal space, and they put infrastructure to the test.
Here's just a taste of what life is like.
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- Google may release Pixel Tablet Pro with Tensor G2 chip
- BMW launches its 3rd gen BMW X1 in India
- YouTube Music on the web gets mood filters
- Premium segment contributed 35% of overall smartphone market revenue in 2022
- US industry urges FM to rationalise, simplify direct and indirect taxes in India