Apple's next big iPhone update will turn your iPhone 6 into an iPhone 5/5s to save battery life
Naturally, this means your iPhone has to cut back on some of its normal functionality to conserve power.New tests run by blog MacRumors show us just exactly how much this low power mode dials back your iPhone's performance.
If you turn on the feature, your iPhone will automatically kick into Low Power Mode when it's nearly out of battery. Your iPhone will cut back on background activity, such as fetching email, automatic downloads, and visual effects such as the parallax wallpapers.It seems like a welcome trade-off though - during its annual developers conference keynote earlier this month, Apple said Low Power Mode in iOS 9 can extend your iPhone's battery life by three hours.
Adding new features like this is important for both iPhone and Android. In general, battery technology for smartphones hasn't really advanced dramatically in the past several years. So it's up to the companies making software for smartphones to make sure their operating systems are optimized to get the most out of these batteries.
- Top 10 longest sixes in IPL matches from 2008 to till date
- OPINION: Regulation of games of skill under a central legislative regime is the need of the hour
- OPINION: Why weekend lockdowns and night curfews aren't the only solution to India's surging cases of COVID-19
- Haryana government declares summer vacation in schools due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- COVID-19 vaccine 'Covaxin' is effective against double mutant strain found in India, says ICMR