8 statement-making watches worn by CEOs and corporate executives
- People all over the world opt for timepieces as a fashion statement that denotes power and class.
- The includes CEOs, who tend to favor luxury watches and high-tech timepieces.
- Top execs at Microsoft, Amazon, Toyota, LinkedIn, and Oracle have favorite watches they've been spotted wearing.
We carry our cell phones around all day through, and wearing a wristwatch, to many, may seem no longer necessary. That is true of you only treat your watch as a means of learning the current time. For a lot of people though, their watch is more of a statement rather than anything else. This is especially true of luxury watches and high-tech timepieces."I know most people use their phones to tell time, but there's something very romantic and beautiful about a timepiece." - Padma Lakshmi
1. Audemars Piguet Royal OakThis watch is the choice of Jeff Weiner, CEO of LinkedIn. This luxury piece retails for a whopping $18000 and up but can be purchased pre-owned on Chronoexpert for a much lower price, starting around $7,000. Audemars Piguet has been around for decades giving a masculine and powerful take on the iconic Royal Oak watches.
2. Breitling Colt AutomaticWhat kind of watch does the CEO of Microsoft, Satya Nadella wear? The answer is- Breitling Colt Automatic. This watch is a perfect symbol of the dynamic winner-style Colt collection, boasting a sleek steel water-resistant case and self-winding caliber. This timepiece is rather affordable, with prices starting at $3,000 and up, depending on the mechanism and condition.
3. Rolex Datejust
Let's be honest. No list of watch selections is complete without a Rolex timepiece. Called the Classic Watch of reference, this amazing piece is synonymous to class and respect. Rolex Datejust, even with some changes within time, has been able to sustain its position against time, transcending fashion and the never-ending race for change. Aesthetically, this timepiece has spanned eras, and still its traditional versions are one of the most notable watches in history. Someone who can't agree more with this description is Mark Hurd, Co-CEO of Oracle, who's been a happy owner of this accessory for quite a long time.
Rolex Datejust prices start at $3,500, being one of the most affordable yet classiest pieces in this selection. Again, pre-owned watches are an option, with prices starting at around $2000 for this glam model.
4. Ulysse Nardin Dual Time 233-88-7
"Since 1846, the powerful movement of the ocean has inspired Ulysse Nardin in its singular quest: the constant innovation of mechanical timepieces." This is what Ulysse Nardin description is, and its Dual Time model is one manifestation of this motto.
Priced at around $8,000, this unique watch is a display of silver and marine, with a stylish and classy mixup. This potion-like combination didn't leave the richest man on the planet, Jeff Bezos indifferent. The CEO of Amazon, whose estimated net worth has been a whopping $17 billion in 2017 as reported by Forbes, has chosen this model to grace his wrist.
5. Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119GThis classic model is a mere symbol of Patek Philippe, boasting the essence of the round wristwatches at their finest. If we want to speak about timeless, this model is definitely going to make it to the list- supremely elegant, plain and charming. This timepiece has mechanical manually wound mechanism, and shiny black alligator strap.
Priced at around $21,000 and up, this watch is the most expensive item on our list. The CEO that has opted for this accessory is Akio Toyoda, president of Toyota since 2009. He's been photographed wearing this timepiece countless of times during several years, all adding on to the "timeless" nature of this elegant watch.
6. Omega Planet Ocean
The Seamaster Planet Ocean Collection, around since 2005, has paid homage to OMEGA's ocean heritage. It's newest rollout version, Omega Planet Ocean, is a step forward in watchmaking excellence, combining a classic look with a modern touch.This professional Swiss-made diving watch is priced at around $7,500 for a new, elegant, water-resistant piece. A fan favorite altogether, this timepiece has been worn by Tony Aquila, CEO of Solera Holdings since 2005 and "National Entrepreneur of the Year" by EY in 2013.
7. Chopard Mille Miglia 16/8997
Another Swiss classic model on the list. Chopard Mille Miglia established themselves as a brand that builds bridges. Their Race and Sports editions have been around for years, a carefully crafted unison of automotive engineering and mechanical watchmaking.
Priced at around $7,000, this watch has been a sales giant in recent years, attracting the attention of 48-years-old Dara Khosrowshahi, the present CEO of ride-hailing giant Uber.
8. Rolex Submariner 116610
We will close this list with another legendary timepiece by Rolex, the Submariner. With the unmatched Oystersteel cases, superalloys implemented mainly in high-tech, aerospace and chemical industries this model is all about all-resistant control.
Priced at around $8,500, this piece is favored by John Hammergren, chairman, president, and CEO of McKesson Corp.These are all luxury watches that CEOs love. Well, not only CEOs, of course. While many of these pieces are far from being affordable for the ordinary buyer, they are a very worthy investment in terms of their price development as the time goes by.
Read the original article on CEOWorld.biz.
- Earth's satellites, power grids and planes may have more time to prepare against the threat of solar flares
- These are India’s top 10 'most livable' cities, according to the government's Ease of Living Index 2020
- Flipkart is reportedly looking to list in US via a blank cheque firm
- Smartphone brand OPPO will launch new fitness band on March 9
- Ahead of its electric three-wheeler launch, EV startup Euler Motors raises ₹30 crore