Billionaire investor Warren Buffett is getting in the bidding war for Yahoo
Bill Pugliano/Getty Images
The report said that Buffett is backing a group of investors that include Gilbert in the bidding war for Yahoo's web assets, which include its search and news properties.Yahoo and Berkshire Hathaway representatives were not immediately available for comment.
Yahoo recently live streamed Berkshire Hathaway's famous annual shareholders meeting. It said the live stream drew 1.8 million views in total.Yahoo is currently in the second round of bidding for its core internet assets. It's been reported that Verizon and a number of private equity firms, including TPG, have placed bids in the first round. Yahoo has not commented on the bidding process yet. Wall Street analysts estimate Yahoo's core value to be worth around $4 billion to $8 billion.
After seeing years of stagnant growth, Yahoo has been under pressure from activist investor Starbaord Value to completely change management and sell its core internet business. Starboard Value's CEO Jeffrey Smith recently reached a settlement to withdraw his proxy fight in exchange for getting 4 board seats at Yahoo.
- Pidilite shares surge as the 61-year old company acquires Araldite maker for ₹2,100 crore
- Chennai lashed with rainfall, many roads waterlogged
- Pinterest stock soars 23% as the social media platform garners 442 million global monthly active users
- Top stock movers — Bharti Airtel, RBL Bank, Pidilite, Titan, Hero Motocorp, Asian Paints, TCS, L&T and others
- Manforce Condoms aims to capture 50% market share by 2023