Billionaire investor Warren Buffett is getting in the bidding war for Yahoo
Bill Pugliano/Getty Images
The report said that Buffett is backing a group of investors that include Gilbert in the bidding war for Yahoo's web assets, which include its search and news properties.
Yahoo and Berkshire Hathaway representatives were not immediately available for comment.
Yahoo shares are up about 1.3% in after hours trading.
Yahoo recently live streamed Berkshire Hathaway's famous annual shareholders meeting. It said the live stream drew 1.8 million views in total.
Yahoo is currently in the second round of bidding for its core internet assets. It's been reported that Verizon and a number of private equity firms, including TPG, have placed bids in the first round. Yahoo has not commented on the bidding process yet. Wall Street analysts estimate Yahoo's core value to be worth around $4 billion to $8 billion.
After seeing years of stagnant growth, Yahoo has been under pressure from activist investor Starbaord Value to completely change management and sell its core internet business. Starboard Value's CEO Jeffrey Smith recently reached a settlement to withdraw his proxy fight in exchange for getting 4 board seats at Yahoo.
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles