Eric Schmidt Is Giving Away $1 Million To People Who Are Solving Problems Through Technology
Schmidt announced the news this morning on CBS while promoting his book, "The New Digital Age." Jared Cohen, Google's Ideas Director, is his co-author."I think I should put my money where my mouth is," Schmit told CBS. The $1 milion will be awarded on March 10. "We identified a whole bunch of companies all over the world trying to solve oppressive censorship, empower individuals, and make these phones more useful."
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year