First photos from 'Wonder Woman 1984' confirm that Chris Pine is returning as Steve Trevor
- Warner Bros. confirmed that "Wonder Woman 1984" is the official title of the "Wonder Woman" sequel.
- Chris Pine is also returning as Steve Trevor for the sequel. Trevor died at the end of the first movie, so it remains to be seen how he'll return.
- "Wonder Woman 1984" comes to theaters November 1, 2019.
Production on the "Wonder Woman" sequel has officially begun, and Warner Bros. has confirmed not only the title of the sequel, but that actor Chris Pine is returning, as well.
"Wonder Woman 1984" is the official title of the sequel, and Pine will be back as Steve Trevor. Trevor was Wonder Woman's love interest and a military spy during World War I in the first movie. An image released by Warner Bros. with Pine as Trevor is above.
Director Patty Jenkins also tweeted the photo on Wednesday with the caption, "Welcome to WONDER WOMAN 1984, Steve Trevor! #WW84."
Trevor died at the end of the first movie after sacrificing himself, and the sequel is set decades after the original, so it remains to be seen how the character will be brought back.
"Wonder Woman 1984" opens in theaters November 1, 2019. It stars Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Pine as Steve Trevor, Kristen Wiig as the villain Cheetah, and Pedro Pascal in an unknown role.
Below is another image released by Warner Bros. to celebrate the start of production, featuring Gadot:
- Budget session of T'gana Legislature likely this month: CM
- Ashwin tops the record for receiving the Man of the Series award maximum times in Test Matches from India
- India beats England in 4th Test, series 3-1, enters World Test Championship final
- Tech bids open for Mumbai-Ahmedabad Bullet train bridge project, says NHSRCL
- Tesla launches new social engagement platform 'Engage Tesla' for both public policy team and owner's clubs