Google Will Donate 2X Whatever You Give To Fighting Ebola
The campaign will last until Google raises $7.5 million. The company will also donate $10 million right now to support nonprofits such as InSTEDD, International Rescue Committee, Medecins Sans Frontieres, NetHope, Partners in Health, Save the Children and U.S. Fund for UNICEF.CEO Larry Page also writes that his family foundation will be giving an additional $15 million. Advertisement
The matched-donations will go to a fund called Network For Good, and then it will be distributed evenly to four nonprofits fighting Ebola in Africa. 100% of people's donations will go to these funds.
This campaign comes shortly after Facebook launched its own donation campaign and Mark Zuckerberg and his wife donated $25 million."Our hearts go out to everyone whose lives have been touched by this tragedy," Page writes.
- German researchers identify effective antibodies against SARS-CoV-2
- Income Tax Department introduces faceless income tax appeals, says it will ensure just and fair appeal orders
- IN PICS: Farmer protests erupt across India against the country’s new agricultural bills
- Farm bills are an attempt to break the mandi system and abolish minimum support price, says Bharatiya Kisan Union
- Election Commission to take a call on bypolls on September 29