Jack Dorsey is giving a third of his Twitter stock back to employees
"I'm giving ~1/3rd of my Twitter stock (exactly 1% of the company) to our employee equity pool to reinvest directly in our people," Dorsey tweeted. "As for me: I'd rather have a smaller part of something big than a bigger part of something small. I'm confident we can make Twitter big!"
Based on Twitter's current closing price of $29.15 per share, Dorsey's just given over about $214 million worth of company stock back to employees.
Better yet, Dorsey actually announced this to Twitter by posting the tweets while on stage in front of the company's employees:
- The decision not to have a kid is personal — but the social pressure against the choice is all-pervasive
- K'taka budget will focus on welfare of women & their development: CM
- Global consumer spending on apps to reach $270 billion annually by 2025
- Farmers announce series of Mahapanchayats in March
- Huawei aims to make electric cars later this year