Jeff Bezos is one of few US top billionaires who hasn't signed the Giving Pledge. Here's how much the Amazon CEO has given to charity
- Jeff Bezos is the richest person in the world, with an estimated net worth of $114 billion.
- Bezos' most recent - and biggest - donation was the launch of a $2 billion fund in September, but he's been criticized for not giving away more.
- The Amazon CEO is the only American among the world's five richest people who has not signed the the Giving Pledge, in which participants promise to give away more than half of their wealth during their lifetime or in their will.
- These are the donations Bezos is known to have made since becoming a billionaire in 1997.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Additionally, Bezos had never appeared on the annual list of America's 50 largest donors - until 2018, when he took the top spot with the launch of a $2 billion fund for education programs for the homeless. Still, that donation reportedly represented only about 1.3% of his net worth at the time.Here are all the major donations Jeff Bezos is known to have given to charity since becoming a billionaire in 1997:
August 2011: $10 million to the Museum of History & Industry, Seattle.
December 2011: $15 million to Princeton University's Neuroscience Institute.
July 2012: $2.5 million to Washington United for Marriage, a same-sex marriage advocacy group.
January 2013: $500,000 to Worldreader, a nonprofit for providing access to e-books and e-readers.
May 2016: $1 million pledge to match donations to Mary's Place, a homeless nonprofit in Seattle.
May 2017: $1 million to the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press,.
January 2018: $33 million to TheDream.us, a nonprofit funding college scholarships for immigrants.
September 2018: $10 million to With Honor, a PAC for electing military veterans.
September 2018: $2 billion Bezos Day One Fund launched to support education programs for homeless.
- Cannes Lions 2021: India brings home a Gold, four Silver Lions and three Bronze Lions on Day 2
- E-commerce management platform CommerceIQ raises $60 million, looks to launch India operations by 2022
- Best power banks under ₹ 1000 to buy in India for 2021
- Best business laptops in India for 2021
- India is reportedly mulling over a new crypto tax which could make trading on foreign exchanges more expensive