The chance to have lunch with Apple CEO Tim Cook cost $515,000 this year
This year, the auction got hot towards the end, with multiple bids during the last 10 minutes, and a late extension of the bidding deadline, according to 9to5Mac. The auction ended on Thursday.Ultimately, the price for lunch with Cook came out to $515,000 this year. That's a lot of money, but at least the cost of lunch is covered.Advertisement
The winner will also get two "VIP passes" to an Apple keynote product launch.
The total is up from last year, although investors can't say the same about Apple's stock. Here are the historic prices for an hour of Cook's time:2013: $610,000
2014: $330,0012015: $200,000The proceeds will go to the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights group. Cook joined its board earlier this year. Advertisement
As in previous years, the auctioneer, Charitybuzz, is keeping the winner's identity secret.
- SBM Bank India, Mastercard to facilitate cross border transactions, remittances
- Swiggy integrates 'premium' home delivery service Scootsy
- Private hospitals in Bihar not admitting patients with COVID-19 symptoms: NTPC
- COVID-19: Surat diamond polishing units shut till July 13
- Popular PS4 game Horizon Zero Dawn to be available on PCs from August 7