A Chinese company is replacing 90% of its workers with robots
one-third of jobs will be replaced by software, robots, and smart machines by 2025 - and it's already started in southern China.
The South China Morning Post recently reported that Shenzhen Evenwin Precision Technology, a manufacturing company that produces electronics, plans to replace 90% of its 1,800 employees with machines in the near future.The 200 employees not receiving pink slips will take on a new role - overseeing the robotic workforce.
Over the next three years, according to the Post, robots are poised to invade several manufacturing companies in the Pearl River Delta, also known as the "world's workshop" because of its abundance of factories.
- 1.28 lakh people over 60 years get 1st dose of COVID vaccine on first day
- Chinese hackers target Indian vaccine makers SII and Bharat Biotech: Report
- GST revenue up 7% year-on-year in February to over ₹1.13 lakh crore
- Here is the list of common side-effects of COVID-19, so that you don't panic if you get these
- These are the top 10 likely IPOs scheduled in March 2021