A company that makes the best smartphone you've never heard of finally revealed details of its first-ever TV
- OnePlus is launching its first TV - the OnePlus TV - in September, OnePlus CEO Pete Lau told Business Insider.
- The primary focus for the OnePlus TV will be on image quality - the company will use a QLED screen panel with 4K resolution - as well as sound quality.
- OnePlus is also looking to better integrate smartphones to its TV, with an ongoing rollout of features over time. It will run on Google's Android TV platform.
- OnePlus will have a similar pricing strategy as its smartphones for its TV, which is to say the OnePlus TV will be a premium product that matches other premium products, but won't cost as much.
- The OnePlus TV is being released in India first, followed by Europe and the US "later."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
OnePlus is launching its OnePlus TV in September, CEO Pete Lau told Business Insider, and the primary focus will be on image quality and sound quality.
"I have been talking to a lot of users and getting a lot of feedback," Lau said, "[They] told me that image quality is the most important thing they care about."
To Lau, image and sound quality are the most basic things to get right in a TV, but they're also the most important. And he's confident that the OnePlus TV has the best image quality.
Get the latest Google stock price here.
Benchmarking against "the best."
What you can expect for price tags.
The OnePlus TV will run Google's Android TV platform.
Making smartphones and TV work together.
The OnePlus TV will be launched in India first, with the EU, US, and China launches coming later.
- Top 10 must-visit destinations in South Africa
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!
- With $500 billion in reserves, LIC is the world’s fourth largest insurer