A robbery suspect tried to use an Uber as a getaway car
Pablo Blazquez Dominguez / Getty
23-year-old Dashawn Terrell Cochran allegedly "pointed a gun at an employee and demanded money" at a store in Parkville, Maryland, last week after bringing a bottle of Tylenol up to the register.
Cochran fled with "an undisclosed amount of cash" in a silver Lexus, according to ABC News.
Officers tracking Cochran's whereabouts pulled over the car. The driver said he was an Uber driver.
It is not clear whether Cochran hailed the car from the Uber app on his phone, or if he just flagged down a passing car that happened to be an Uber vehicle.
Both the Uber driver and another passenger in the vehicle were released since "they had nothing to do with the robbery," according to Baltimore County police.
As of this weekend, Cochran was still being held in police custody. He was charged with assault and robbery.
- Hyundai launched its premium SUV Tucson in India with automated sensing technology - check details here
- Drive to plant the globe's largest mangrove forest in proximity to Sundarbans in Bangladesh
- Healthy household balance sheets will push auto, consumer goods sales: Morgan Stanley
- America’s largest crypto exchange Coinbase nosedives, reports $1.1 bn in net loss
- Consumers are taking more shorter trips through the year says OYO