- BARC in its BARC Think Report -
Ad VolumesNov 2021 has said that TV ad volumes are witnessing a steady growth.
- The report revealed that in November, ad volumes stood at 156 million seconds, 3% higher than 2020 and 31% higher than 2019.
- The month witnessed 14% more advertisers and 13% more brands as compared to November 2019.
Says Aaditya Pathak, Head – Client Partnership & Revenue Function,
Highlights – Ad Volumes - November 2021
· November records the highest number of
· Ad Volumes stood at 156 million seconds, 3% higher than 2020 and 31% higher than 2019.
· The month witnessed 14% more advertisers and 13% more brands as compared to November 2019.
· 19% of Advertisers and Brands were new in the month.
· Advertisers beyond Top 50 registered highest growth of 44% over November 2019; the Top 50 registered a 24% growth.
· BFSI category bounces back with a 62% growth over the previous 2 years, month on month, with 3.8 million seconds of Ad Volumes.
· E-Commerce registered an impressive 37% growth with 15.5 mn seconds of Ad Volumes in November 2021 over November 2020.
· Ad Volumes for Auto, Textiles, Retail, and Personal Accessories category grew by 2x over November 2019.
· Ad Volumes for regional language has shown a growth. Telugu grew by 17%, Malayalam by 13%, Bhojpuri and Hindi by 10% each, and Punjabi by 9%, as compared to November 2020.
· While the Ad Volumes for Bhojpuri has doubled as compared to November 2019. Marathi as well as Punjabi languages Ad Volume has grown by 60%.
· Ad Volumes for Tamil, Telugu, Hindi has witnessed growth of 30% over November 2019 showcasing steady performance.
· Ad Volumes for Bhojpuri language channels grew by 103% in November 2021 over November 2019.