All the new features Apple is expected to bring to your Mac computer later this year
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
- Apple is expected to announce a slew of new features for the Mac at its Worldwide Developers Conference on June 3.
- The most significant update will likely be the ability for iPad apps to run on the Mac.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If there's one theme that seems to be driving Apple's approach toward its Mac software, it's bringing popular mobile features to its desktop operating system.
Apple is expected to debut its next major Mac operating system update during its Worldwide Developers Conference conference on Monday, and reports indicate it will include some iPhone and iPad-centric features. The biggest of these is said to be the ability to run iPad apps on Apple's desktop computers.
Apple will likely provide a preview of the software on Monday before launching the new update in the fall, as it has done in years past.
Here's a look at what we're expecting to see from the update, which will presumably be called macOS 10.15.
Developers will be able to make iPad apps that run on the Mac.
Apple will bring more of its mobile apps to the Mac, too.
That includes a new Apple Music app.
And the new Apple TV app.
Other iPhone features are expected to make their debut on the Mac as well.
You'll also be able to use your iPad as a second display for your Mac.
You'll be able to use your Apple Watch to authenticate actions on the Mac.
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore