Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos shares his thoughts in a shareholder letter every year - here are the highlights
Michael Seto/Business Insider
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has written a letter to shareholders every year since 1997, when he took his company public.
While the letter is intended to recap Amazon's accomplishments over the year, it also comes with a lot of great business insights and management advice Bezos has picked up while running a company that's now worth $300 billion - which is why a lot of people consider it a must-read for any aspiring business professional.
Here's a run down of some of the most interesting excerpts from each of the shareholder letter published over the past 19 years:
Disclosure: Jeff Bezos is an investor in Business Insider through hispersonal investment company Bezos Expeditions.
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India
- Welcome to Bengaluru Ikea, did we mention the traffic, says competitor Wakefit