Amazon is asking its employees why people say it has a brutal work environment
David Ryder/Getty Images
The wider use of the internal feedback system comes just two months after the release of a scathing NY Times report that portrayed Amazon as a brutal workplace rampant with internal politics and fierce competition. For example, it describes some employees learning how to "diplomatically throw people under the bus," while another said there's an internal platform called "Anytime Feedback Tool" which lets employees secretly praise or critique others.In response to the NY Times report, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos sent a company-wide memo, where he writes, "I strongly believe that anyone working in a company that really is like the one described in the NYT would be crazy to stay. I know I would leave such a company."
Disclosure: Jeff Bezos is an investor in Business Insider through hispersonal investment company Bezos Expeditions.
- Best 32-inch monitor in India in 2021
- Delhi government allows reopening of bars, public parks and gardens from Monday
- India to hold two-day BRICS meet on Green Hydrogen initiatives
- SEBI asks PNB Housing to halt ₹4,000 crore preferential issue of shares
- Word Music Day 2021: Importance, history, memorable quotes and how to celebrate it during a pandemic