Amazon's shipping ambitions grow clearer as it buys 10% of airplane leasing company
Michael Seto/Business Insider
The news is just the latest in a series of moves by Amazon that shows its wider ambitions at building its own in-house shipping and logistics service.It recently registered Amazon China as an ocean freight forwarder, and bought thousands of its own, Amazon-branded trailer trucks, while calling itself a "transportation service provider" for the first time in its annual report.
Disclosure: Jeff Bezos is an investor in Business Insider through hispersonal investment company Bezos Expeditions.
- Admitad India drove sales worth Rs 17 crore during Diwali through Affiliate Marketing
- ‘Delhi Chalo’ march intensifies: Protesting farmers allowed to enter, will be escorted by the Delhi Police
- Uber, Ola hit a speed bump as Indian government caps surge pricing and issues new guidelines
- Farmers' protest: Delhi government denies permission to police to use stadiums as temporary jails
- Adani completes ₹1,300 crore acquisition of Alipurduar Transmission from Kalpataru Power